With our busy lifestyles and the juggling of our daily demands it is common to feel distracted, scattered and even a little out of balance. It is in these times that grounding can prove be really helpful. But what is grounding? To me grounding is about getting out of our heads, feeling connected, allowing life to flow and being in the present moment. All of which can at times prove difficult.
Here are some tips on how you can ground yourself:
- Accept and Trust; Yes, easier said than done sometimes however the more that you can accept that life is happening as it should, including delays and obstacles, the more that you will trust that all will work out in the best way possible and the more grounded you will be.
- Spend some time in nature leaning against a tree or walking barefeet on the grass.
- Wear red socks or shoes. Red is the colour of grounding and of the base chakra, so the more you wear the more grounded you will be.
- Gardening which can be so rewarding as your creation springs to life.
- Short meditation exercise. For example, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, breathing nice and slowly, then imagine your sacrum as the base of a tree and growing out from this base are two tree roots. With each breath the tree roots travel further down each leg, all the way to your feet and through the floor, down through the many layers of the earth, the dirt, the clay, the rock, all the way to the crystal cave at the core of the earth. With the next breath lock the tree roots into the crystal cave and with each breath allow the energy of the earth to travel up your legs. Do this for as long as you like and allow yourself to take this energy with you for the rest of your day.
- Enjoy a reiki session